Thursday, February 26, 2004

Wel it's been raining lately. What is perhaps the last big storm of the season has been rolling through the county, leaving sewer spills and auto accidents in its wake. We will never learn, it seems.

But overall it's been a very good week for me. Last Friday, out of the blue, I got a call from the Currents Editor of the San Diego Union Tribune. "We're going to publish your article," he said. He added, "It's wonderful." Wow! I was taken aback. Finally, after months of struggling, a ray of hope shines through. If you're reading this blog and want to see the article online, go to this link:

Tonight, I have another class for Short Story II. It's been fun, so far, even if not as advanced as I had hoped. But then again, one gets out of a class in proportion to the effort one puts into it. Last week, I brought "Mother's Night" to the class and the other members of my group seemed to enjoy it. Tonight, it's "Europa's Children."

Movie-wise, I want to see "Hidalgo." It looks far more inspiring that Mel Gibson's dreadful Crucifixion film. Not that I won't go see Gibson's neo-Romanesque epic, but it's not as high on my priority list as it once might have been, despite having all dialog in either Aramaic or Latin. Any movie spoken in two dead languages can't be all bad!

No comments: