Wednesday, July 13, 2005

A Wednesday in July

The previous weekend was hectic in an unexpected way. A friend of mine managed to crash my computer, necessitating a reinstallation of Windows along with a reformat of the hard drive. At first I was mildly annoyed by this, then was flabbergasted when I realized I had not backed up any of my short stories onto the backup CD! It seems when I dragged and dropped folders onto the CD drive, I missed the short story folder.

I e-mailed all my friends who might have a copy of a story lying around their hard drives, and after much prayer, recovered most of my work, though not in the latest form. So far, I have finished rewriting my "spider story," which I hope to send out soon. Luckily, my novel folder was backed up succesfully.

Also on Saturday, I went to see "The Fantastic Four," which was more or less a poor man's "X Men." The characters were pretty faithful to the original comic book, but the story was flat, with a dull villain who had similar powers to Magneto in X Men.

Tonight, I have another Information Design class, along with a test. Let's hope Clarence arrives on time!

No comments: