Saturday, February 11, 2006

Work and Money

Work and Money

This week, I started working part-time for Manual Labour, doing technical writing and editing. Bonni has hired me on under a 1099 to do a contract job--and several more are in the works. So far, I've found the work challenging enough, and the people have been good to work with. I'm hoping this is the start of more employment, and income, in Clementsville.

LOST last Wednesday night was both good and bad. It was entertaining to watch Sawyer's Machiavellian machinations as he pitted Jack against Locke, but I didn't buy into it. It seemed to be a character shift. For months they've been softening up Sawyer to be a bad boy with a heart of gold. Now we're supposed to believe he steals the guns and heroin, disrupts the morale of the camp and weakens their position against the Others, just over an ego trip and some old pain pills? Doesn't seem likely. The Hand of the Writers was clearly too visible here.

No comments: