Thursday, October 26, 2006

Protection and Advocacy

Protection and Advocacy

Today I had to postpone my IHSS hearing, because PAI didn't want to take my case without Aleyda. She's on vacation till November 6. It took me a few attempts, but I finally got through the stat's tin-can-on-a-string phone system and arranged for a postponement. I sincerely hope I can solve this problem without a hearing, anyway.

Thursday night is my fourth Presentation Skills class. It should be enjoyable, for the most part. I did procrastinate and will have to do the talk outline tomorrow before heading to UCSD.

Harold has had my van all week, and I've been stuck around the house. I really need to get out more, as Donna keeps telling me. Driving is still a possibility; just got to practice and get the van modified a little.

The episode of LOST Wednesday evening was enjoyable. I liked the notion of "conning the con." It was interesting that the Others' island is actually a small island off the coast of the survivors. It reminds me of Lilliput and Blefuscu. Floating islands, anyone?

No comments: