Monday, October 16, 2006

A Really Cool Week

A Really Cool Week

The weather has definitely turned to autumn and I love it! It's been cloudy, and we've had our first rain.

This past Sunday the Chargers routed San Francisco, and to anyone who remembers the '95 Super Bowl, this was a sweet victory. Philip Rivers was an excellent choice for a young quarterback. I only hope in two years San Diego still has a football team to root for!

My work has slowed down a bit, but this isn't bad. I am catching up on some projects that had lain fallow while I did some other things. Unbelievably, I got a letter from the county confirming a hearing on my IHSS appeal for November 2. This whole situation is so brain-dead, my mind reels from the Kafkaesque absurdity.

I also got a note from my attorneys in the other case, which (equally incredibly) looks to be going to trial in February of next year. I cannot understand why people insist on lawsuits, which are a cost to everybody. Rather sickening, the whole situation.

On the other hand, I took my van in to City Chevrolet last week and found out that I needed a new power window motor. Another $500 down the drain! But, with bad weather coming, I can't afford to get the window stuck wide open in a rainstorm. There are other things needing repairs on the van, such as serpentine belt that's starting to crack, but I can worry about that later. It's not an emergency yet.

Meanwhile, I've gotten through two of the six weeks of the presentations class at UCSD. The class is fun--as all Bonni's classes are. You can't go wrong taking a course offered by Bonni Graham. You will work--and you will learn--you'll be glad you availed yourself of the opportunity.

All the above being said, I personally believe the course could be compacted into a two-day seminar. The practice is nice, but not essential. And the textbook is full of banalities like "make sure you know your audience's goals." DUH!!

Well, that's all for tonight. I'm going to log onto WOW for a while....

No comments: