Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Things Im Thankful for For

Things I'm Thankful for on my Birthday

Here are some things I’m thankful for, a list of my life’s positive elements. Approaching my 51st year on this small, blue orb, I’m thankful for:

  • Surviving that accident from 2004. There was a time when it would have taken me an hour to feebly type this sentence with one finger.

  • Related to that, my strength and health. Yes, I know the able-bodied may look askance at me, but I am happy with the way I am, the way God made me. There must be a purpose in it, and I remain ever-anxious to discover it.

  • My family. My parents are still relatively young and healthy. I could not have survived and thrived without their support and love. And my step-sister Dorene and her boys, my nephews, and husband Richard.

  • My friends: Harold, Donna, Marina, Tom, Bonni, Jacque, Katie, Monica, Nancy, Alicia and Tien, and so many others. You all rock!  

  • My new job. Bonni came into my life from out of nowhere and has blessed me with a new start on a career as a writer.

  • My creative talents. I’ve been a little negligent with them since May, but I resolve to continue my growth in that area. I refuse to hide my talents under a bushel basket!

  • YOU!! My special friend, there is some purpose in why we met. I cannot fathom all its depths. We are stronger together than we are separate; that is your reality and mine, as I’ve come to experience it.

No comments: