Saturday, December 16, 2006

Twas the Week before Christmas

'Twas the Week before Christmas

This past week, I got almost all my shopping done. I have been procrastinating on cards, though. Tonight I will work on getting those finished and out the door.

Currently the outside temperature at Miramar is a chilly 55 degrees. Heavy rain is expected to hit the area tonight and tomorrow. That makes me happy!

This morning Harold and I drove over to the Round Table Pizza in University City and I attended my company meeting, along with Bonni, Stef, Jane, and Jim. We all had some fun laughing at a certain product, while Stef gave a demo of it.

My plans for the upcoming week include some more work, plus wrapping presents and decorating the tree.  Donna and Tom were supposed to come over last week and help me decorate, but their dog Snappy needed surgery, so they had to postpone the visit. I bought Season 1 of Rocky and Bullwinkle on DVD and can't wait to crack it open with them.

Meanwhile, I watched The Lost Room on Sci Fi last week. It was good! So good, in fact, that Clarence actually STFU during most of it. The only thing about the show I didn't care for was the end. The part where the cop shoots the Occupant seemed contrived, and there really was no scientific or supernatural explanation of the "inciting incident" that set the whole sequence of events in motion in 1961. My original theory was that the room had migrated to our universe from a parallel universe. However, the comments about the Occupant--that he had suddenly disappeared from OUR timeline, seemed to contradict that notion. Still, they left enough open ends that there can easily be a sequel (i.e., the whole "Profit" thread with the bad guy, Ruber.).

Finally, Go Chargers!!

No comments: