Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Roma Invicta

Last week, HBO's "Rome" debuted its second season. I recorded it on my DVR and have enjoyed two remarkable episodes now. The character development, acting, and scene settings are all soar above the usual mediocre television fare. Bravo to HBO! It almost leads me to forgive you for cancelling "Carnivale."

I've also nearly finished Season 2 of "Lost." And just in time for the beginning of the new season in a couple of weeks. I noticed in the previews on ABC.com that the upcoming shows will explain Jack's experiences in Thailand to us. I'm curious to find out about the tattoo....

In other news, I started the Tech Comm II class at UCSD. It's a hybrid course, with 3 of the 7 meetings in the classroom--the rest online. I'm not a big fan of online classes, but this is the trend for the future, evidently. I can certainly see its uses in adult education. At any rate, I'll be glad to get the certificate finished. Then I can get back to my novel. Yay!

Until the next time, farewell!
David

No comments: