Sunday, June 03, 2007

Dull, Bloated, and Feculent

Last night I rolled Clarence out the door and made a beeline for the movie theater, where we watched Pirates of the Caribbean III on the big screen while munching mushy, fat-dripping nachos and drinking what Keith Olbermann might call "the worst coffee in the worlllllllldddd!!"
The movie gave me a chance to spend the night out, which was great. I've been cooped up all week working long and lonely hours on an editing project. Unfortunately, the movie itself was bloated, dull, and feculent. I use "feculent" here because at one point, in the pirate's den in Singapore, one of the pirates utters the word. At the time, I though, "Oh, cool, a movie with a vocabulary," but little did I realize that would be one of the two highlights of the film, the second being Keith Richards's cameo appearance.

Meanwhile, this past week, I got my new Gateway laptop computer, which is a very sweet machine. Now I can choose where I want to work; in my room on my desktop, or in the livingroom on my laptop. The advantage to the desktop is that it's faster, with a larger screen, and the advantage to the laptop is that it's in the livingroom, where I can watch my big HDTV while working.

The rest of this day, I'll finish working, and tonight I'll go shopping with Harold. My roommate finally paid me some of his back rent, $420 (which, if you knew him, you'd know was a wholly appropriate, if inadequate, amount.

No comments: