Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Spam Musubi

Sunday was Father's Day, and my parents and I accompanied the Cazins to Callahan's in Mira Mesa. Callahan's is our place to go on Father's or Mother's Day, because it's fun and less crowded than Mimi's.

I gave my dad a PS2 game--God of War--which I'm not sure he'll keep. It's a bit too mature to play with Nathon and Matthew. For dinner, I had my favorite, Bangers and Mash. The Cazins talked about their recent vacation in France, which was interesting in that we could compare notes. They went to Paris and the Bordeaux region, whereas I've always stuck to the north, with my friends the Charpentiers in Haute Marne.

Later that night, Harold and I made our usual midnight run to Ralphs. Talk about a ghetto for lonely bachelors... It looked like a scene from Dawn of the Dead, with a few dishevelled zombies shuffling along behind shopping carts, their eyes glazed over and drops of slobber seeping from their gaping mouths.... But we have met the zombies, and they are US!

This week, work has been light, and I'm enjoying the break while I can. I'm positive it'll pick up soon. Minda brought me a box of Spam Musubi tonight. I wanted to try it ever since Flying Hawaiian recommended it. It's from L&L in town. Funny how Hawaiians and Native Alaskans are the two biggest (and I mean literally) consumers of Spam. I personally haven't touched the stuff since Tia used to make me fried Spam sandwiches.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to catch up on my WoW playing and my writing. And my girls, Oceana and Jessi. Donna remains my buddy in chat and RL, fortunately. She's one smart cookie, and patient too!

No comments: