Thursday, March 17, 2005

Still Here

Time has flown by in the past month. I have been really busy with the Read & Critique class. Each week I read and mark up papers, sometimes as many as five. I have also been writing a lot, both for the class and for myself.

I am a judge for the San Diego Book Awards and have six books to read before April 10. So far, I've read two! They are fun and fast reading, and I have no doubt I will be able to adequately evaluate them all.

Interminable hours have passed while I made calls to the state, trying to get my health insurance switched from Cigna to Medicare. I want to get on a program that will pay for my Medicare premiums. Nobody in the state Medi-Cal offices seems to be able to give me a straight answer!

Tomorrow Harold will take my van in for an estimate of what it will cost to install a manual tiedown system to hold my wheelchair. This will allow me to ride as a passenger in my van. Yay!

I do expect to be able to drive again. My legs are growing stronger each week.

Don't forget to watch Carnivale and Deadwood on HBO!

No comments: