Saturday, June 25, 2005

At the Zoo

Yesterday morning, Joe and I took a drive downtown to the zoo in Balboa Park. We left my home in Mira Mesa about 10:30 and got to the zoo around 11:00. After a half hour of standing in line to renew my membership, we finally passed through the zoo's opening gates and strolled around. The first thing we did was head to the Treehouse restaurant and have lunch. We ate the chili, which was served in one of those sourdough breat bowls. Tasty enough, for restaurant-zoo food.

Lacking a lot of time after the lunch, we went part-way down the next hill, past the bear and lion enclosures, but did not make it as far as the new tiger exhibit. Passed the monkeys along the way, but did not stay to observe them. We got back home around 2:00 and Joe left.

My parents came over later in the evening and we had the Italian Feast meal from Taste of Italy, a local restaurant that has been here in Mira Mesa as long as we have (we moved here in 1977 from Clairmont, another San Diego neighborhood). For a movie, we watched the first "Spider Man," which my parents had not seen. Next week, we will watch the second Spider Man film on DVD.

This coming Wednesday, I will start my first technical communications class; the subject matter is document design. The book was already sold out of UCSD's bookstore, so I ordered it from Barnes & Noble and got it delivered by UPS within 4 days, free shipping. I e-mailed Sheila Johnson, my Rehab counselor, so I could get reimbursed for the book's $50.00 cost, but have not heard back from her yet. I hope she is not on leave again!

No comments: