Friday, November 25, 2005

Reasons to Be Thankful

Reasons to Be Thankful

Yesterday was Thanksgiving, and I went to my parents' house for dinner. Before heading to my parents', my dad and I drove down to Linda Vista and picked up my uncle Dave. The four of us had a really pleasant evening, with turkey, stuffing, cole slaw, biscuits, Tuscan veggies, and two different kinds of pie--apple and pumpkin--for desert.

Earlier in the week (on Sunday evening), I went with my old high-school chum Phil and his wife to a concert at the Escondido Performing Arts Center. The concert was by a new-age banjo/jazz musician named Béla Fleck. The concert was good, if low key. If you look up "mellow" in your American Heritage, you'll probably see a picture of Béla Fleck. He had a bassist accompany him on a lot of the music, and the bassist also played the piano. If you like banjo Bach, then this concert would be for you.

I keep putting off finishing up work for my Tech Comm. Class. Got to get it done this weekend, and figure out which other class I'm going to take.

Meanwhile, my parents took off for Tucson today, where they will be vacationing this week for their anniversary. They will also be visiting friends and looking at retirement properties. I, for one, will never live in Arizona.

No comments: